Parr Hall Farm was built in 1721 by a gentleman farmer called Edward Parr. The property has had a chequered history but still retains some of its original features.
In the 19th century a rear wing was added as a harness room to service horse-drawn buses. Later this became Ellison’s Motor Bus Company that plied between Preston, Wigan and Chorley markets.
The farm was purchased by its present owners, Mike and Kate Motley, in 1972 and has been extensively modernised and refurbished since.
Guest accommodation was opened in 1996. The more recent barn conversion has provided additional accommodation, including five ground floor rooms.